Welcome to the Patient Accounts Department at Major Hospital. Major Hospital does have a payment policy, but within that policy we have many options to offer you. We are certain that at least one of those options will fit your needs. If you have questions regarding any of your bills for services received at Major Hospital, please feel free to give us a call.
If you have questions about the hospital portion of your expenses, please call the Patient Accounts Department at the appropriate number listed below. Medical coverage and payment questions can be directed to the following, which is based upon the first initial of your last name:
If you have a need to establish a payment plan arrangement on your accounts, please call the appropriate number listed below.
Important concerning your account:
- To receive an itemized list of charges, please call our office at the numbers listed above.
- You are responsible for your account(s) until the balance is paid in full.
- You may be receiving bills from other providers if you required their services.
- If you have medical coverage and have signed our assignment and release of medical information forms, the hospital will bill your medical insurance on your behalf.
- On accounts with medical coverage, no statements will be sent to you until:
- Your medical coverage pays your bill, at which time you will receive a statement indicating the payment(s) made and the balance due (if any).
- Your medical coverage rejects your claim, at which time you will receive a statement indicating the balance due.
- Your medical coverage has not paid within a reasonable period, at which time you will receive a statement indicating the balance due.
- We accept Visa; Discover; Master Card and American Express.
- We also offer a bank loan program should that meet your needs.
If there should be any other questions and/or concerns you may have in this area, please feel free to contact me directly at (317) 421-2012. We look forward to meeting your needs and assisting you.
- Copies of itemized bills
- Insurance claim filing
- Explanation of patient balances
Major Hospital Billing Office
Junction Plaza Shopping Center
1626 East State Road 44, Suite B
Shelbyville, Indiana 46176
- Payments can be made at the Junction Plaza site.
- Payments may also be made at Major Hospital cashier's window located in the registration area.
- Patients can meet with the Patient Accounting staff on an individual basis at the Junction Plaza office.
- Patients can also schedule an individual meeting through Patient Accounts through the Empowering the Caregiver classes.
Patient Accounts can verify the following information for a patient.
- Deductible / Co-insurance Amounts
- Maximum Benefit Amounts
Major Hospital offers the following programs for financial assistance.
- Monthly Payment Agreement
- Bank Loan Program
- Assistance in Applying For Medicaid Benefits
- Financial Assistance And Endowment Fund Programs
- Shelby County Cancer Association
patient & families > patient accounts